What keeps you up at night? If you worry about a break in at your home or business, 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films can help. 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films are a special type of window tint that helps keep burglars out.
Glass doors and windows are the most vulnerable entry points of your home or building. Therefore, untreated glass needs to be addressed to add security. By installing 3M™ Safety & Security Window Film, you add an invisible layer of protection that gives you precious time during a break-in. Although these films are thin, they offer added protection against break-ins, explosions and blasts, seismic events and more.
3M™ Safety & Security Window Film makes glass more shatter resistant, holding the broken pieces of glass together. As a result, the glass is more difficult to break through. It and also protects against injuries from broken glass.
Window Tinting with Safety & Security Window Film
By slowing intruders down by up to two minutes, security film gives home and business owners time to call for help. It can also deter intruders altogether by making it more difficult to enter the building. Safety & Security Window Film also reduces the risk of injury from flying shards of broken glass and prevents debris and water from entering.
You probably already know that window tinting can be applied to the interior or exterior of glass doors and windows to reject the sun’s rays. 3M Window Film blocks heat and glare, reduces UV rays that cause sun damage and fading, and reduces the energy costs needed to keep your home or business comfortable. Did you know that these benefits can be combined with added the security of 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films? Whether you want clear or tinted film, you can have the benefits of both solar control and additional security with 3M films.
So how do 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films work?
Safety and security film is made with a strong adhesive that forms a protective membrane on glass. It is applied on the interior of the glass, so it cannot be removed or tampered with from outside the glass. Film attachment systems are applied along the perimeter of the interior of the window or door to anchor the film to the frame. The film does not keep glass from breaking, but it does hold the broken glass together, preventing injuries from shards and flying glass. It also creates a tough membrane that is difficult to break through. This forces an intruder to work harder to create an opening in the glass, and gives you more time to call for help.
Benefits of 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films
- Adds up to 2 minutes for Security / First Responders to arrive
- Protects people and property from intruders
- Prevents injuries from broken glass
- Sun control options available
- Tested and scientifically proven by trusted brand 3M
- Backed by a strong warranty
Window Film Attachment Systems
When combined with an Attachment System, Safety & Security Window Films are at their strongest. 3M Impact Protection Attachment Systems bonds the filmed window to the frame to strengthen the hold of the film. This makes it strong enough to handle even a bomb blast (up to level 3a in the GSA guidelines). 3M Attachment Systems and Safety & Security films together outperform film-only installations.
Options for Safety and Security Window Film
As a 3M Certified Dealer, Window Tint USA in Pompano Beach, Florida, offers several options to suit your needs and your budget. to suit your needs and how much you want to spend.
- 3M Safety & Security Film Ultra Prestige Series – 3M’s top-of-the-line impact and tear resistant technology paired with superior solar control. Micro-layered, 8 mil film provides protection and strength, lowers energy costs, rejects up to 97% of the sun’s infrared rays, and reduces hot spots and fading without changing the appearance of windows.
- 3M Safety & Security Film Ultra Series – Micro-layered, co-extruded 8 mil film provides high energy absorption and tear resistance with superior performance over standard polyester film. Available in clear safety film, tinted sun control safety films and Night Vision
- 3M Safety & Security Film Safety Series – Mitigates the hazards from shattered glass and adds protection against intruders and impacts. Paired with a special thicker adhesive to bond broken glass together, these films offer enhanced security at an affordable price.
Select 3M Window Film to give you peace of mind from a company with a proven record. When professionally installed, 3M window films come with a comprehensive, limited lifetime warranty for residential installations.