If you’ve seen a bad DIY window tint job with bubbles and a purple cast, you may wonder, “Is tinting home windows a good idea?” The answer in many cases is yes. Tinting your home windows can improve the comfort, appearance and energy efficiency of your home. However, the key to a good result is hiring a professional window film installer who can guide you to the right product and install it correctly.
As a 3M Certified Dealer / installer, Window Tint USA in Pompano Beach, Florida, can explain your options and help select the best window film for your home.
Why Home Windowing Tinting is a Good Idea
Tinting your home windows offers a number of benefits:
- Reducing your energy costs – Window film installations can immediately slice your energy bill by 10%, yielding payback in as little as three years. They also extend the life of HVAC units by blocking up to 97% of heat-producing infrared rays.
- Blocking the sun’s UV rays – UV rays cause damage to your health as well as your home. It’s the leading cause of fading to floors, fabrics, and furnishing. UV rays also pose long-term health risks such as skin cancer and cataracts.
- Reducing glare – Adding window film to your home can eliminate annoying solar glare that obstructs televisions and windows. Window film permits viewing with less eye strain.
- Adding curb appeal – Providing a consistent look to your windows from the outside improves the look of your home. Window films can be dark-tinted or virtually clear, depending on your desired aesthetic.
- Increasing privacy – Many options are available that reduce the ability for people outside to see into your home. And it doesn’t have to reduce your ability to see out. Window tint can also eliminate the need for heavy drapes or window treatments that don’t match the style of your home.
- Improve security – Safety & Security window films can deter intruders by up to two minutes and prevent shard-related injuries. These films hold broken glass together against forced entries and explosive blasts, protecting your home’s most vulnerable entry sites.
What Type of Window Film is Best for Your Home?
Not all window films are the same. Our films range from crystal clear to darkly tinted and can serve many different functions. Selecting the right window film for your needs depends on many factors. These include the problem you most to solve, the type of windows you have, and the style of your home and neighborhood. Advice from a professional makes this decision far easier and helps you maximize your investment.
High quality 3M Window Films give you peace of mind from a company with a proven record. And when professionally installed by Window Tint USA, 3M window films come with a comprehensive, limited lifetime warranty for residential installations.
Window Tint USA’s expert team can assist with a free consultation and estimate.
Window Tint USA
We are a local 3M™ certified vendor with a knowledgeable, experienced team willing to assist you with your home window tinting needs. Call us at 954-960-0212 or visit our shop at 2450 W Sample Rd #4, in Pompano Beach.