If you are looking to add energy efficiency to your home, you may be considering replacement windows. Modern windows can certainly make a difference in the amount of energy needed to cool or heat your home and may have additional benefits in solar control. However, these benefits come with a high price tag and the hassle of full window replacement construction in your home.
Did you know you can get the same benefits for way less money and hassle with 3M window films? 3M residential window films reduce heat transfer, hot spots and glare without reducing the amount of light coming into your home. And the installation is much faster and cleaner, saving you time and money.
If you are weighing whether to get replacement windows or window film, here are some reasons that window film is a great choice to save you money.
What are the Benefits of Window Film?
3M ‘s high quality, highly engineered window films are designed to block the transmission of UV rays and heat transfer. This makes your home more comfortable and more energy efficient. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 30% of energy used to heat and cool homes is lost through windows. 3M Window Tint Film can:
- Reduce glare and reject up to 82% of solar energy, keeping your environment cooler and more comfortable
- Control hot spots and reduce accumulated interior heat, helping you save on air conditioning and the energy needed to cool your home
- Reduce fading by blocking up to 99% of the harmful UV rays that contribute to the fading of your flooring, furniture, cabinetry, artwork and belongings.
- Provide sun protection for your skin by blocking up to 99.9% of the UV rays that cause sun damage, skin cancer and vision impairment
- Improve safety and security by holding broken glass together, delaying forced entry and reducing injuries from shards
- Enhance the appearance of your home with a variety of tints and patterns, allowing you to choose the amount of light that comes in
- Lower your energy bills by up to 10% in the in the hot summer months by reducing the heat transfer that makes your heating and cooling systems work harder
Why is 3M Window Film May Be a Better Choice than Replacement Windows?
Window film is an efficient and affordable way to improve your home. When it’s time to decide replacement windows or window film, the benefits of installing 3M window tint for your home are:
- More affordable with similar energy savings
- Cleaner and less disruptive
- Additional solar control benefits
- Multiple tint levels and decorative options
- Safety and security options
What to Avoid with Window Film?
Here are few things to keep in mind when considering 3M™ Residential Window Films. For best results, you want to avoid:
- Doing it yourself – Unless you are an experienced window film installer, installation can be difficult. Avoid flaws and wasted product by having your window film professionally installed.
- Inferior films – If you compare prices, you will probably find home window tint film that is cheaper than 3M™’s best in class products. These films don’t come with 3M’s warranty and don’t perform or last like 3M films.
- Surprises – Some films are darkly tinted or mirrored from the outside. Make sure you work with a knowledgeable and experienced 3M Certified Dealer like Window Tint USA in Pompano Beach, Florida, so you understand what you are choosing. With 3M™ Window Film, you can select film that barely changes the look of your windows inside or out. Or you can choose decorative windows films or privacy window films to changes the look of your home.
- Disasters – Interior window film applications are only suitable for some types of windows. If you have double-paned windows, interior films can actually cause heat build-up between the panes that leads to cracking. But there are 3M films that can be applied to the exterior of your windows. Again, this is why a knowledgeable dealer / installer is so important. Learn more about Why Your Window Tint Installer Should Be 3M Certified.
Work with a Window Film Expert
3M window films are easy to maintain, durable and non-corrosive. When professionally installed, 3M window films come with a comprehensive, limited lifetime warranty for residential installations.
If you’re in the Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area, call or visit Window Tint USA to learn more about home or commercial window tinting. Window Tint USA has been in business for more than 30 years, helping home, business, vehicle and boat owners in South Florida control the sun. Request a Quote, call 954-960-0212 or visit www.windowtintusafl.com.